<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14515240?origin\x3dhttp://silverstreakz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Go to Your Room!!

I was doing QT today, and I came across something that Joyce Meyer wrote in one of her devotionals. It made me truly understand...how I react to things that happen in the day..it all stems from how much time I've actually spent with God before my day started. Here's what she wrote:

Exodus 31:3 "And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and ability, in understanding and intelligence, and in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship."

My children didn't like it when I started spending time alone to seek God. They said, "You're always in that room."

One day I told them, "You'd better be glad I am in that room, because it is making your life a whole lot better. If you were smart, you would beg me to go to my room, instead of calling me to come out."

Next time you find yourself screaming, ranting, raving, and carrying on at your children (or anyone else), excuse yourself and say, "I am going to my room." Take time to ask God what He thinks of everything that is going on. You will quickly get your day started over right.

As I was thinking through, I realise the times I got exasperated/frustrated at things that happened, got angry with people or situations, felt hopeless, or even "I couldn't control or help myself", those were the times that I didn't include God in my situation. Those were the times I failed to spend time with God or share my day with Him. In those times, I was dealing with whatever came my way on my own. But there were times I chose to turn to God, and somehow these things that bothered me didn't seem so huge anymore. These things no longer made me react as if I had no control over myself, as if I had to blow up or think negatively or say something nasty just to get it out of my system.

Lesson of the day: spend precious time with Him. Even if all you can spare is afew minutes, spend time with Him. Choose to turn to Him whenever something happens or comes up against you, and you'll find that these seemingly huge battles to win will be put in the right perspective - MISSION POSSIBLE.

welcome
Welcome!! May you be blessed by my life and may God be glorified!!! ^^

femme
Joyce Lee
University of Queensland

jukebox

Planetshakers I'm Forever Yours
Darlene Zschech You Are Holy
Hillsong King of Majesty
Planetshakers Come To Praise

links
Adam
Bernard
Baby Reuben
Cheryl
Felicia
Michele
Shannon
Shin Yee aka Mother D'
Shirley
Wenkai
Yikying

tagboard


disclaimer
This site is 100% done by kriss, with the help of other media(such as brushes, textures, etc.). No ripping or stealing of images or codes without author's permission.