Mum's visit & Cairns Trip (3rd Jul 07 - 9th Jul 07) Part II
Right..here's part 2 of my mum's visit cum Cairns Trip. Had problems formatting the previous one..sighz..
This is a photo of the sunset in Cairns! I just love the colour of the sky! God is such a creative God isn't He?? I could never paint a picture so beautifully. Absolutely love it!!
6th Jul 07 (Fri) We went for a hot air balloon ride early in the morning! One of the crew came to pick us up at 4.15am in the morn! That's super early..and it was soooo cold!! My mum and I were shivering like mad..haha..we drove about 45mins to the departure site at Mareeba and watched as the crew blasted hot air into the HUGE balloons and did all their preparations for the flight. There were a total of 5 balloons that flew that morning. It was such an awesome experience! On the right is one of the many sunrise shots I took while in the air. So heavenly!! Haha..
That's another sunrise shot..this was taken when we were near the ground..look at all the mist! So beautiful! Made all the shivering in the cold worth it! We had a bird's eye view of the whole area with agricultural land, nice mountains in the horizon etc. There were some blocks of agricultural land that weren't rectangular or square-shaped..they were perfectly round! My mum was wondering how they were able to make it so circular. The best part of the whole hot air balloon flight was the landing! We landed in someone's mango plantation! Lol..we landed there coz there was no way the pilot could manouevre the balloon. It was the wind that determined where we flew. The wind blew us to a mango winery plantation..so that's where we had to land..some of us got caught in the branches..haha..thank God none of us were injured. It was such an exhiliarating experience!
We were then driven to the Mareeba Museum for champagne breakfast. Don't think I wanna put up anymore pics..it's so difficult to format on this blog! I shall put all my pics up in Multiply or something..it's so much easier there..hee..anyways..the breakfast was typical Western food (hotdogs, scrambled eggs, the works..), but I'd still recommend this hot air balloon flight to everyone!! It's really an awesome experience! My mum enjoyed it alot..
We went to try something radical after the hot air balloon trip...and that was.....*drumroll*...eating Emu, Camel, Kangaroo and Crocodile meat!! Heh..we had that for lunch at a restaurant at the Cairns Esplanade. The Kangaroo and Croc meat were quite tasty (surprisingly), and the Camel meat was quite ok..the Emu meat had a weird aftertaste though. But it was still a nice experience..hee..
Well..that's all for the exciting stuff we did in Cairns..the rest of the days were spent in Brisbane. Christine drove Pinky, my mum and me to Harbour Town on Sat (7th Jul). We had brekkie at Sunnybank on the way. I bought lotsa clothes..haha..and we bought afew t-shirts for my brother too..went to Chinatown and church on Sun, and went to Indooroo again on Mon, just before sending my mum to the airport. We had Nando's chicken for the 3rd time in a week on Mon! Haha..Nando's made alot of profit off us..lol..
Hmm..kk the rest of the photos should be up on my Multiply account pretty soon (hopefully..hehe): http://silverstreakz.multiply.com/ The Cairns trip is highly recommended!!! I look forward to going back there again!! I wanna scuba dive!! Heh...
welcome
Welcome!! May you be blessed by my life and may God be glorified!!! ^^
femme
Joyce Lee
University of Queensland
jukebox
Planetshakers I'm Forever Yours Darlene Zschech You Are Holy Hillsong King of Majesty Planetshakers Come To Praise
This site is 100% done by kriss, with the help of other media(such as brushes, textures, etc.). No ripping or stealing of images or codes without author's permission.