My siblings and I went to watch the S.H.E. 'Perfect 3' concert on Sat, 27th Jan 07, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. We left the house at 6.50pm for the 8pm concert, and only arrived at the stadium at 8.10pm coz of traffic jam from PSA all the way to the stadium. Thank God we didn't miss anything from the concert! We still had time to go to the toilet when we got there. Announcements were made and pple started screaming when we were still in the toilet, and Cheryl kept asking Shannon and me to hurry up. Lol..she was afraid to miss anything..especially 飛輪海 (Fahrenheit). We made it to our seats just in time to see Selina, Hebe and Ella descend onto the stage from amongst the spotlights above. ^^
The first song they sang was "不想长大" (Don't Want To Grow Up). Everybody screamed like crazy..except for Shannon and me..wahhahaha..we sorta sat there not doing anything throughout the whole concert..just listening and commenting..=p From my observation, only the pple in the most expensive area (S$148) were standing..the rest were sitting. And there were very few pple who were jumping (amazingly). Majority were only waving the light sticks, as if they had concentrated all their energies into waving the light stick and had none left for jumping. Lol..but I can't say much also lah..coz we didn't buy any light sticks and neither did we jump..haha. Cheryl screamed extremely loud when 飛輪海 (Fahrenheit) came out though..she kept screaming "吳尊!!!!" Goodness.. The stage was decorated to look like the outside of a castle fortress. There were 2 guard towers on both sides (with steps leading up to them of coz) and a wall linking both the guard towers together. The live band was conveniently placed at the base of the guard towers, leaving the wall empty for the movable/retractable stage. Well I don't exactly remember everything that went on during the concert coz it's about 2 1/2 hours long..and they sang about 30 songs..not including the ones sung by 飛輪海 and Sun Yan Zi. But I still remember stuff that made an impact on me..they're not in order though...
The first thing that impacted me was Ella's solo drum performance. It wasn't the usual drum set with all the cymbals, kick, snare, etc. It was the kinda drum which you would hang on your shoulders and play from both sides..oh! like those found on those toy soldiers in some band parade. She was dressed in toy soldier uniform too. Didn't really hear much sounds coming from her drum though..could hear more from the live band than her. But was still nice enough for me to remember anyway..hee..
The second thing was Selina's solo exotic (Nic, I still prefer calling it 'erotic' coz it's precisely that =p) dance. She started dancing with a white top and white pants..and did super rapid pumping movements! Kinda like what J-Lo does..she then changed to a flowing red skirt and danced sorta tango-like..then changed to a black mini skirt and danced with a chair as a prop. But halfway through her dance, I'm not sure if it was an accident or intentional, but she ripped her skirt off to reveal a tight, white, butt-hugging/revealing shorts! Everyone screamed louder than they were already screaming lah! Felt like I was gonna go deaf. Even Hebe and Ella made comments on it after her dance. Hebe was saying that Selina must've loved us Singaporeans alot coz this was the only concert so far that she's ripped off her skirt! Lol..So 性感 lah!
Third thing I remember..Ella's solo piano performance. She can play the piano really well!! She played and sang "爱很简单" at the same time. Her dressing was like the British gentleman's style, with white shirt, coat, pants, boots, and even a mini white top-hat pinned on the side of her head! Quite cute..lol..after that solo, Selina and Hebe came out with white dresses as well.
Fourth thing I remember..Hebe's song with 飛輪海. She introduced the four guys as "我四位男朋友". All the girls screamed their heads off when they heard her say that (including Cheryl). Hebe then sang a song with the four guys, then left to allow them to continue singing their songs while they rested. I must admit that 吳尊's really good-looking, followed by 亞綸, then Jiro, then 亦儒. But their singing isn't really good though. All 4 of them kept singing together in the same keys..no variations or harmonisation at all. Even if there was, we couldn't hear any. Jiro's rapping is cool though. I wonder how long they'd last..they sorta remind me of F4. 飛輪海 also suddenly burst onto the music/acting scene just like F4. F4 isn't really popular now though, plus they've disbanded (I think..). Wonder how long they'd last..
Fifth thing I remember is Hebe's solo drum performance. This time it's really those kinda drums with cymbals, kick, snare, etc. She was super good lah! They have the recording of her drum performance on the S.H.E. website. She's super talented..she can sing, dance, play the flute, play the piano..and play the drums! Wonder what else she knows how to play..anyways back to her solo performance. She could play such complicated beats (to me lah..=p) while flipping her drumstick at the same time without missing a single beat! She could even spin her drumstick with her fingers, something like we do when we try to spin our pens. Spinning and moving the drumstick from between the index and middle finger to the fourth and little finger. Towards the end, she also had a mini competition with the live band's drummer. She hit the kick once, and the drummer followed. The beat got faster and faster, and then she added cymbals and other fancy stuff, which the drummer followed too. They were playing alternate beats. Really cool!
Sixth thing..the part where the 3 gals went off stage to walk round the crowd once while singing a song. I only managed to catch a glimpse of Ella's face..couldn't find Selina and Hebe's faces...=(After they got safely back on stage, Ella said "你们真的是太热情了!连Hebe的发具都给你们拉下来." Selina then said "连我的麦克风都给你们拉下来了!" Ella also commented "刚刚走过一圈的时候,被你们挤了手上的肥肉, 真不好意思。连我一身臭味都给你们嗅光了。真不好意思。" They said all this in a joking attitude..really sporting. Poor gals..wonder if they were that tortured in their previous concerts.
Oh 7th thing..there was this part where they brought 3 really HUGE teddy bears on-stage, and sat on them while singing. Selina sat on one that was placed on the left guard tower, Ella sat on the one that was placed on the right guard tower, and Hebe set on the one located centre-stage where the retractable platform was. I forgot what song they sang already, coz I was focussed on Hebe. She was wearing beige shorts and furry boots. When she sat on the bear, she looked as if she was sitting on a toilet bowl coz we couldn't see her shorts from the front..lol..could only see her legs and the boots. Plus the boots was furry and stuff, looked abit like a pair of pants that's pulled down to her ankles. =p Abit mean la huh..haha..
8th thing..S.H.E.'s performance with Sun Yan Zi. They sang the first half of "First Day" (I think..) before Sun Yan Zi came up on stage to join them. When S.H.E. were singing the song, I couldn't tell what the tune of the song was, and even when Sun Yan Zi sang it, I still couldn't tell how the tune of the song was like. The verses sounded monotonous to me..only the chorus had abit of chord variation to it. Totally didn't like the song. After that, S.H.E. had an impromptu interview with Sun Yan Zi: Ella: "可以说说你对我们三个人的感受吗?" I think Sun Yan Zi was caught off-guard.. Sun Yan Zi: "huh? 三个人?" Ella was quick to rebutt though.. Ella: "难道你看到四个人吗? 不要吓我叻。" Lol..Ella's a funny gal lah.. Sun Yan Zi : "Selina 给我的印象是很lady的。" Hebe & Ella: "你说得对了。" Sun Yan Zi: "Hebe 呢, 给我一个很酷的感觉。那Ella给我的感觉好像我跟她是哥儿们。" Ella: "哥儿们?我也是很lady的ok (she did afew body waves while saying that). Ella to Selina & Hebe (still performing body waves): "你们不觉得我很lady吗?" Selina & Hebe: "不觉得叻。" Ella (to the crowd, and still performing body waves): "你们不觉得我也lady吗?" Crowd: "是!很lady!!" Ella (to the crowd): "哈哈,你们这些骗子。"
The girls are really funny lah..I actually didn't really like S.H.E. before..but after hearing how well they sang live, how they interacted with the crowd, how they reacted to situations, and how their attitudes are like, they seriously won me over. They won Shannon over too. Haha..The 3 of them are really funny, they get along really well with one another and the crowd, can harmonise really well (their voices have really improved alot since their first album), and they don't have snobbish attitudes like some celebrities do (I say this not only from their concert..it's also from their tv interviews, recordings of backstage scenes etc.). I definitely feel they're a band that deserves all the attention and support they get. I saw the video of the singing competition that they all participated in and were selected to form this all-girl band on YouTube, and I must say that their singing and the way they carry themselves have improved alot. I'm glad that each one of them got a chance to fulfill their dream. =) All in all, it's a concert I don't regret going for. I hope I'll be able to go for their next concert too..hehe...
Mum, thank you for buying the concert tickets for us!!! Really appreciate it!!!
welcome
Welcome!! May you be blessed by my life and may God be glorified!!! ^^
femme
Joyce Lee
University of Queensland
jukebox
Planetshakers I'm Forever Yours Darlene Zschech You Are Holy Hillsong King of Majesty Planetshakers Come To Praise
This site is 100% done by kriss, with the help of other media(such as brushes, textures, etc.). No ripping or stealing of images or codes without author's permission.