<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://beta.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14515240?origin\x3dhttp://silverstreakz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Fun time at Koorong

Went to Koorong @ Woolloongabba with Joey yesterday..had a great time with her..^^ We were supposed to meet on the bus coz both of us were getting on at different stops..but so happened that we couldn't, and I had to wait at the city for her..while I was waiting, I noticed a homeless guy sitting on a bench afew metres away from where I was sitting..he was sleeping..and his clothes were untidy, dirty, and he looked like he hadn't bathed in afew days..that was when God spoke to me..my heart went out to him..He reminded me that the homeless guy was His child too..and my heart ached to see a child of God poor and unkempt, having to sleep on the streets every night..I wondered if I should donate some money to him..but the guy was sleeping, and I didn't wanna wake him up..and then God reminded me of what He said in the Bible somewhere..that the rich should share with the poor..and then I remembered the disciples (think it was them) saying to a man that they didn't have much to give him, but the love of Christ..I was pondering if I should share Christ with him..but yet again, I didn't coz he was sleeping..so I just prayed for him instead..pray that He'll come to know the love of God soon..and pray that things will get better in his life..sometimes I'm tempted to pray, to ask God to make me rich so that I can help sponsor some pple who don't have the chance to study, or are in need of financial help..but I have not prayed that prayer..for fear of becoming too money-minded and materialistic..is that selfish of me? Sigh I dunno..

Anyways, met up with Joey after awhile, and we went to eat some Asian food at a restaurant that was hidden in one of the back alleys..that alley is not too dark or narrow..many cars actually go through it..was supposed to try the beef noodles there..but they didn't serve it yesterday..I wonder why...since it's their most popular dish..Joey and I were guessing that they had some problems with the beef supplier =p ..Joey ate prawn wanton noodles and I ate chicken noodles (which was super salty) instead..

Then we caught the bus to Woolloongabba..we had to rely on God's guidance..coz I only knew what bus to take and stop..but we didn't know what the stop looked like..and how we were supposed to walk to Koorong from there..Joey prayed for someone to come along and give us directions, but God is good!! He helped us to recognise the place instead..we remembered alot of car dealers along the road..and so we walked in that direction and found Koorong!! Hehe..God is good!! =) We took our own sweet time walking through Koorong looking at what they had there..had afew laughs..there was a notice that could be stuck on a window..it read, "My boss is a Jewish carpenter"..imagine sticking that on your car window..lol..and we saw a comic bible too..Joey was sharing how someone from church shared to her that he still remembered the comic bible stories that he read when he was young..visual aid is really good for kids..and I suggested that they can try translating it into Singlish..then we can reach out to the ah bengs and ah lians in S'pore..lol imagine what it would be like.."Lazarus!! Coot lai!! (hokkien)" or "Lazarus, fai di chut lei la!! (cantonese)"..hahaha..I wonder if anyone would do that..it'd be great for laughs!! And at the same time spread the Gospel..hmmm....what do you think? lol

Then after that we bought our stuff and went back to the city to buy butter and spray bottle..then we took 412 back to college..had a great time!! Man it's good to be out with friends..time passes so fast then!!! Haha..kk gotta go back to studying =x have a consultation tmr..and a great time of studying with my study buddy HL!! Hee..thank God for blessing me with so many good friends ^^

welcome
Welcome!! May you be blessed by my life and may God be glorified!!! ^^

femme
Joyce Lee
University of Queensland

jukebox

Planetshakers I'm Forever Yours
Darlene Zschech You Are Holy
Hillsong King of Majesty
Planetshakers Come To Praise

links
Adam
Bernard
Baby Reuben
Cheryl
Felicia
Michele
Shannon
Shin Yee aka Mother D'
Shirley
Wenkai
Yikying

tagboard


disclaimer
This site is 100% done by kriss, with the help of other media(such as brushes, textures, etc.). No ripping or stealing of images or codes without author's permission.