Had CCM meeting last night..was so funny lah!! Marcus invited all the committee members for meeting..and he was so gracious to cook dinner for us ^^ He's quite a good cook..we had spaghetti, prawns with thousand island sauce, chicken wings & turkey! What a good host and cook right? Anyways..the funniest part was when we were having our dessert after the meeting ended..Marcus brought out a Sara Lee ice cream cake from the fridge, and opened it in front of us while we were still discussing the last issue for the meeting..and Ian asked, "aren't you supposed to cook that first?" All of us stunned for awhile before laughing lah!! He didn't know it was ice cream cake..he thought we must bake it or something before eating it...and Marcus was laughing at him like mad..but then in the end we laughed the most at what Marcus did immediately after he laughed at Ian..he flipped the Sara Lee ice cream cake over as if he was opening some "lor mai kai" wrapping!! And everyone there knew that he wasn't supposed to do that..lol so funny lah..was a great meeting man..
Kk enough of funny stuff..I was doing QT this morn..and there were these few sentences that caught my attention.."An alarming trend in today's society is the rapid disappearance of the distinctively Christian home. I refer not so much to the home where Christ resides, but to the home where Christ rules and where biblical principles prevail. Such homes are becoming hard to find." I thought about these sentences for awhile..and it struck me..there REALLY aren't many homes that have Christ as the head of the household..even though a number of families may be Christian families..why is that so? Is it coz we think we have everything under control, to the extent that we think we don't need God anymore? Is it the influence of the world on who we choose to be the head of the household (for e.g. in chinese families, the husbands should be the head of the family)?
Afew lines down, Selwyn Hughes also said, "The greatest test of a Christian is: 'What is that person like at home?'" This got me thinking about how I am like at home..even though I've improved quite abit, I still see areas that I have to improve in. Even though my temper isn't as hot as it used to be, but I still see some attitudes in me that shouldn't be there..there're still times when I don't wish to help my family members at all..there're still times when I think I'm more talented and capable than my siblings..improving is a process..and it may take a long time, but I must persevere in improving, and most importantly, let God do the change in me..coz without His help, I would never have become a better person than I was befpre, and I would never be able to continue improving..
Lord, pls be the centre of all our families, and enable us to be pple who love you with our whole hearts. Let us be people who will pass the test of a Christian, that is to be the best person we can be in our homes...
welcome
Welcome!! May you be blessed by my life and may God be glorified!!! ^^
femme
Joyce Lee
University of Queensland
jukebox
Planetshakers I'm Forever Yours Darlene Zschech You Are Holy Hillsong King of Majesty Planetshakers Come To Praise
This site is 100% done by kriss, with the help of other media(such as brushes, textures, etc.). No ripping or stealing of images or codes without author's permission.